Tuesday 3 June 2008

O-rage

The excitement, the joy, the thrill when you open up your email and see the magic word Orange in the subject line.

Mr T has sent me an email marked Orange Business.

I am beside myself with anticipation as I click on it.

And then I read:

"You’ll be delighted to know...

(oh gosh, delighted, did you see that! I have butterflies... the fairy godmother is waving a wand - maybe maybe maybe you shall go to the ball!)

...that you are now registered to contact Orange to change details, review tariffs, order handsets, etc.

Oh.

'Thrilled,' I type and then press send.

Well it is a terrific responsibility. I mean, come on, it's a position of trust. I can order handsets for the other people in the office who get company phones and quibble about their tariffs. That doesn't happen every day.

It's an honour really.

I really should have had an acceptance speech prepared.

And I needed to have the dress dry cleaned anyway - it's not like it's wasted.