Wednesday 10 June 2009

Trains have ears...

Just to prove I don't make this all up - I received an email today thanks to the power of Google:

Dear Marion,

Sorry for eavesdropping but was sitting adjacent to you and the man who lives in Charlbury having left his wife and kids for a new lover (sorry again!). Found your conversation fascinating and to top it all you are a novelist! Even more fascinating. Had to remember your name and low and behold here you are. I got off at Reading and missed the end of your really interesting conversation (it was just getting to the juicy part as well). What a nice man - I thought it amazing that you and he should hit it off so well - will you be seeing him again? Pity that he's already left his wife for someone else or you never know. Good luck with the kids and the book.

Fellow Cotswold Line traveller.




Dear FCLT


I also always eavesdrop. And shamelessly record. It's like being in the publishing branch of the Stasi. Will hopefully be on the same train this Tuesday - look out for me! Say nothing.


Marion